Sunday 25 March 2012

My First Blog. Ever.


This is me. My name is Elise Vogels and I am writing this blog as a requirement for one of my University courses: Capital, Culture and Globalization. The requirements of this project are quite broad and only seem to be that I must make some sort of communication regarding any aspect of globalization via the internet. For the purposes of this project, I've decided to select a topic for which I have developed personal opinion, and one that has influenced me in my personal and professional life: technology. I must admit that this is my first blog; that being said, technology, although I do believe it to play a vital role in my life, is not something that I am overly experienced with. I often try to minimize the role that technology plays in my life, which can be explained by the reasons that I'll outline in my future contributions. I have a lot of opinions regarding the consequences that technology has has on our society; these consequences are social, physical, intellectual and economic in nature and have implications on many aspects of our daily lives. In this blog, I intend to address the positive and negative effects that the globalization of technology has had on our society in Canada, and how these effects are likely to progress in the future as technology becomes increasingly advanced and complex. I'm not sure anyone will read this blog, other than my professor, but if you stumble across it I hope to entertain or enlighten you briefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment